CBD Merchant Account Services
The CBD industry is projected to reach a global market value of 47.22 billion USD by 2028, up from 4.9 billion in 2021. This incredible industry growth is driven by significant demand for health and wellness solutions from CBD merchants in the nutraceutical category.
You need a quality payment processor and merchant service provider with proven industry experience and comprehensive customer support for high-risk business transactions in the CBD industry. You will get all that and more with Segpay, a leading provider of CBD payment processing with extensive knowledge of the legal requirements for online CBD sales.
Reliable CBD Payment Processor
Segpay makes doing business in a high-risk industry as straightforward and successful as possible. Our high-risk account services provide a highly secure CBD payment gateway to support sales and keep your customers satisfied with their experience. Instead of worrying about sudden shutdowns and stopped payments by traditional processors, choose a specialized CBD credit card processing company that protects your business with every transaction.
Segpay Solutions For CBD Merchant Processing
Although most forms of CBD are now legal across the U.S. and many other countries, this industry is still high-risk with ongoing changes to regulatory framework. Segpay offers exceptional support service to ensure your CBD merchant account and payment gateway are always in good standing and ready to accept payments from customers worldwide.
Popular features of your CBD merchant account include:
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, and PayPal payments
- Ability to sell a wide range of CBD products
- Competitive CBD credit card processing fees
- 3-D Secure customer authentication
- One-click signup and instant conversions
- Multi-currency and local language support
- Account sustainability and legitimacy
- THC level and percentages
- 24/7 customer support
CBD Merchant Services FAQ
Why Are CBD Merchant Accounts High Risk?
CBD e-commerce is often seen as risky by banks due to the association with cannabis, as well as the inherent risk of online sales where the card is not present. Some CBD businesses sell heavily discounted products and have large rolling reserves, raising concerns for financial organizations. Then there are all the FDA regulations surrounding CBD products and legal concerns for lenders.
Despite these risks, CBD merchants can find success with a trusted CBD payment processing provider who truly understands the industry.
What Products Are Approved for CBD Payment Processing?
Segpay CBD merchant processing is available for hemp-derived products with a 0.3 percent THC level or less. Any cannabis products that are higher than the FDA-approved percentage are not eligible for CBD merchant processing. Just make sure to follow FDA regulations to ensure your CBD business is approved for a merchant account to sell CBD concentrates, gummies, ointments, sprays, vapes, capsules, drops, and more.
What’s Required to Get a CBD Merchant Account?
High-Risk Merchant Account Services For CBD Industry
- The CBD industry is considered high-risk, and dedicated CBD payment processing solutions are required to protect merchants from canceled transactions and frozen accounts.
- Merchant service providers need a detailed understanding of CBD industry regulations to ensure successful payment processing.
- Look for a CBD payment processor that supports all major credit/debit cards with global currencies and languages.